Key information for customers and users of IP about how the IP system and the Intellectual Property Office will operate after the end of the transition period.
There are new rules for businesses and citizens from 1 January 2021.
Support for businesses
The Prime Minister announced additional financial support measures for businesses struggling due to the pandemic.New business support schemes that you may find relevant, include:
- An extension to the furlough scheme until March 2021 – the scheme will allow employees to receive 80% of their current salary for hours not worked, up to a maximum of £2,500
- Grants worth up to £3,000 per month for businesses forced to close in England
- An extension to the mortgage payment holiday – borrowers who have been impacted by the coronavirus will be entitled to a six month delay
- An extension to the Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan, Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan, Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan and Coronavirus Future Fund until 31 January 2021
- An extension to the Self-Employment Income Support grant until April 2021, which will pay self-employed individuals up to 80% of their average trading profits for November